Social Media Marketing Manager
We’re on the lookout for an experienced and passionate creative, who’s highly adept at all things social media. Someone who views branded visual content for what it truly is: a combination of art and strategy.
about mister jones
Mister Jones is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer ecommerce brand on a mission to empower women to feel their best, unlock their confidence, and adopt a healthy lifestyle through innovative wellness products that meet them where they are.
We’re about freedom and flexibility
So far, we’ve been a fully remote company. We believe that humans are the most productive and creative when we’re happiest. And happiness? Comes when you have freedom and flexibility. We’re moving into our new Gold Coast HQ in 2023. Once our doors are open, this role will be a mix of in-office and remote.
We’re about teamwork and support
The remote working environment doesn’t always evoke visions of a collaborative company culture. But we’ve worked hard to overcome the obstacles of distance and build a tight-knit team that supports, encourages, and uplifts one another.
who we're looking for
This role is made for someone who is equally passionate about marketing and design. This role primarily focuses on social media, both paid social ads and organic across all channels. This role is a combination of strategy & execution. As such, we're looking for someone who is full of ideas and can execute from start to finish. Someone who is highly adept at all things graphic design but also finds tremendous satisfaction in bringing ideas to life. Someone who is excited to try to things, learn from mistakes and is committed to honing their craft. Our ideal candidate will likely have a camera roll full of ad inspiration and a mental archive of the ads they'd like to create. You’ll need to be to handy with an iPhone (or DSLR) and comfortable creating photo & video content from scratch.
As our Social Media Marketing Manager, you'll:
• Be a responsible and accountable self-starter who consistently demonstrates initiative
• Take full ownership of our brands presence on all social media channels
• Work along side our Head of Marketing & Co-founder in creating content for paid media
• Execute high level designs that build upon the look and voice our brand has already established
• Ideate and create organic & paid content from scratch in addition to skilfully interpret briefs to design and deliver creative collateral within specified timeframes
• Be quite the wordsmith and thoroughly enjoy your time behind the pen (keyboard). Whilst you might not consider yourself a “copywriter”, you’ll have a way with words that can make people smile
• Be an advocate for design, writing & creation; keep up to date with the latest design trends, tools, and technologies
• Execute yourself as well as oversee some creative execution of internal and external stakeholders
• Love coming up with new innovative ideas and different ways to drive our brand forward
• Use performance data and data driven insights to inform strategy
• Most importantly, you’ll be happy wearing many hats with a smile.
What you'll ideally bring with you:
• Design: 2+ years of experience as a graphic/digital designer primally in the digital/advertising space
• Social Media: 2+ years of experience managing social media accounts (preferably ecommerce)
• Marketing: A firm grasp of brand and a comprehensive understanding of DTC and ecommerce marketing.
• Writing: The ability to slip into our brand TOV to craft copy across all mediums and channels
• Generate fresh and original ideas. You'll naturally have a lot of ideas and a strong drive for creation
• Work in collaboration with the creative team to build marketing assets from the ground up
• A passion for visually interpreting brands USPs and creating content that build on brand identity
• Stellar creative skills and an eye for detail
• High proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite – namely InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD
• High proficiency in using social media: Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest etc.
• The ability to autonomously ideate, design, and create content at scale
• Fantastic organisational skills – to the level where anyone else could pick up your project and immediately start building on the foundations you’ve already paved
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Innovation and the drive to learn/keep up-to-date with industry trends
• Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution
• Show a high attention to detail with the ability to problem-solve and multitask
• Experience in videography/photography across all areas from initial ideation to post-production
• The ability to produce photo & video content from your remote work location, in our Gold Coast HQ or on location
• Whilst this is role open to fully remote candidates, Gold Coast based in preferred
• Have access to a home studio for content creation
• Experience building ads in Meta's Ads Manager
• Experience within Meta's Ads Manager & interpreting data
• Experience with Google suite, Klaviyo, website design, Shopify, Zipify Pages
• Experience with ClickUp workflow management tool (or similar Monday, Asana etc)
• Motion graphics capabilities and the asset editing skills
• Basic coding skills
• Highly competitive compensation ranging between $60,000 to $90,000+ super pending experience
• Flexible working schedule
• Strong career progression opportunities – we develop leaders in-house who can move up as we grow
• Access to training from some of the world’s elite marketers, branding experts, and strategists - we bring the industry names in to do account reviews and Q&A sessions
• + Free Mister Jones products!
how we hire
Our team is built and promoted based on results, not resumes. We interview the same way. Expect this process to be unlike most others.
We’re going to ask you to do things for us. We’re going to ask you to show us why you should be a part of our team.
Why? Because by being fanatical on this point, we’ve discovered we can build a world-class team that delivers world-class results for our customers.
how to apply
You will need to include your resume and cover letter (combined into 1 PDF document) along with your most recent portfolio as part of your application.
Please note: We’re a small team and will aim to respond to your application as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and will be in touch at our earliest convenience. Applications without a portfolio submission will not be considered. Applications close when our unicorn is found. The ideal commencement is mid January to early February.